Part 1: Enabling Bookmarks Bar in Safari on your iPad
In order to completely enjoy the benefits of having a Safari Bookmarks bar on your iPad you will have to first of all have to enable the bookmarks bar. Here’s how to do this:
- On your iPad’s Home Screen, open the Settings App and scroll down the left sidebar to find Safari. On the Safari Page, (to the right) Just under AutoFill you will see “Always Show Bookmarks Bar”
- Once you have done that, you will notice that Apple has already started you off with a few suggested links in the bar.
Part 2: Adding Bookmarks to your Bookmark Bar
To add bookmarks to your Bookmarks bar, follow these simple steps.
- On the Home Screen of your iPad, Tap Safari to open the browser app.
- Browse to https://designfiles.co/bookmarklet Once the web page has loaded, Tap on the “Action” button at the top of the screen, next to the address bar.
- A pull down menu with several options will appear. From the available options choose “Add Bookmark.” You can also edit the Name of your bookmark in this window.
- Change the URL for the Add to DesignFiles page to the following (by copy/pasting):
Now you're ready to visit your favorite vendor's website and begin clipping items! Just tap the 'Add to DesignFiles' link in your bookmarks bar.