In this article, you will learn how to create purchase orders. The Purchase Orders feature enables you to create and manage vendor purchase orders within DesignFiles. The intuitive system-sharing information allows you to pull out data from projects into the purchase order. This method lets you create purchase orders in no time so you can send it to the vendors for processing.
- On the Menu click My Projects and select the project that you want to send the purchase orders from.
2. Click PURCHASE ORDERS to open the Purchase Orders Overview page.
3. For new projects, click the Create Purchase Order button.
Note: for existing projects, previous purchase orders may be available for viewing and updating.
4. Specify the purchase order details using the following fields:
- Client: By default, this field will automatically select the client for the selected project. If you want to change the client, click the Drop-Down arrow and select the preferred client.
- Vendor: Enter the vendor name.
- Order ID: By default, this field will automatically generate the Order ID. You can also update this field’s value by entering the preferred order ID.
- Sidemark: Enter a sidemark to use as a reference (e.g. client’s last name, room that these items are for, etc.) or keyword to easily recognize the purchase order.
- Issue Date: By default, this field will automatically generate the purchase order creation date. If you want to change the Issue Date to an advanced date, simply click the field to enable the Calendar and use it to specify the date.
- Tax: Click the Drop-Down arrow to select the appropriate tax to apply to this purchase order or add a new sales tax by selecting the +Add Sales Tax.
Note: the displayed taxes are based on the specified State or Province.
- Shipping Cost: Enter the purchase order’s shipping cost.
- Add Client Shipping Info: Enter the client’s shipping information.
5. Add products or line items to your purchase order. In this example, we use the +Add Product from Project button.
6. In the Select Products to Add to the Purchase Order window, choose the product to add to the purchase order. Use the following filters to narrow your search:
- Product Selection: Click the Drop-Down arrow to select the products to display. You can choose from the following:
- All Products in Project: selecting this option will display all products under this project.
- Approved Products: selecting this option will display client approved products.
- Vendors: Click the Drop-Down arrow to select the product vendor. This will display products that are sold/offered by the selected vendor.
- By name, tag, description: Enter a name, tag, description, or keyword(s) to display relevant products.
7. Select the products’ Checkboxes to select or click the Select All checkbox to select all displayed products.
8. Review the product selection and click the Add Product(s) to Purchase Order button.
Note: the number/quantity of products will also appear on the button.
9. The selected products will appear in the purchase order, view/update the product details as needed under the following headers/columns:
- Product Name
- Unit Price
Note: To delete a product, click the Delete icon beside the TOTAL column. To add custom charges, click the +Add Manual Line Item button.
10. In the Notes field, enter a brief note or detailed delivery instructions to the vendor.
11. Click Save Purchase Order to save and create the purchase order.
12. After saving the purchase order, you will be redirected to the Purchase Overview page. Find the newly created purchase order and download its PDF version.
13. Use the Download Purchase Order (PDF) option to download the file and send it to the appropriate vendor via email.
To learn more on Creating and Submitting Purchase Orders, watch the video tutorial below: