In this article, you will learn how to enable the Push Stripe fee to client option. DesignFiles uses Stripe as our payment processor and it charges a 2.9% +30¢ processing fee per transaction. However, you have the option to absorb the fee or utilize this option to push the Stripe fee to your client.
- After creating an invoice and completing its details, scroll down to the bottom of the page before sending it.
2. Find and Turn On the Allow client to pay by credit card? Toggle icon. This will enable the Push Stripe fee to client Toggle icon.
3. To push the processing charges to your client, Turn On the Push Stripe fee to client Toggle icon.
4. Review the Invoice totals and select your preferred action:
- Send Invoice: Clicking this button will show a modal that allows you to add a custom message that will appear in the Invoice email to the client.
- Save Draft: Clicking this button will save the invoice as a draft and will redirect you to the Invoice Overview page.
- Save Draft & Preview: Clicking this button will save the invoice as a draft and will generate a Preview as Client View invoice page. To exit the invoice preview, click the Exit Preview button.
- Cancel: clicking this button will cancel the invoice creation and will redirect you to the Invoice Overview page.
Once turned on, the Push Stripe fee to client option will display a ? icon. Hover your cursor on the ? icon to view the processing fee.
To learn more on Pushing Stripe fee to client, watch the video tutorial below: