In this article, you will learn how to create purchase orders from invoices within the Financials Menu. It is worth noting that you can also create purchase orders from the project itself.
1. On the Menu, click Financials to open the Financials Overview page.
2. To narrow down your search, use the Search bar and enter a keyword related to the invoice that you are looking for (i.e. Project Name, Client, Due Date, etc.).
3. Find the invoice that you want to create the purchase orders from and click its More Options menu to enable additional options.
4. Click Create Purchase Order from Invoice. This opens the Select the vendor(s) to generate purchase orders for: window.
5. Filter the vendor list using the Vendors menu and/or use the Search bar to narrow your search.
6. In the Vendor list, select the checkbox of the vendor(s) that you want to generate the purchase orders for. Also, review the number of selected products within the projects to ensure accuracy.
- Note: if you want to merge vendors, you can select the vendors checkbox and click the Merge Vendors button. This will merge the selected vendors and their products for the purchase order. You can undo the merger using the Undo Merge option after merging multiple vendors.
7. After selecting the vendor(s), click the Create Purchase Orders button.
8. You will be directed to the project’s PURCHASE ORDERS tab. You can find the newly created purchase order(s) from the list.