In this article, you will learn and understand the DesignFiles Interface. When using a new app, it is imperative to know the features, options, and how it works. We marked each feature/option and described its functions so you will know how to navigate within the app.
1. The Menu
The Menu bar houses all the main DesignFiles features. Start creating projects, managing products, packages, contacts, financial records, and access our resources using the Menu. Here are the main features that you can access in the Menu:
- Projects - this feature lets you manage your projects, operations include but not limited to creating new projects, updating, and deleting projects. This is where you create your designs using the 2D Moodboard/Roomboard Editor and the Floorplan/3D Renderer.
- Products - this feature lets you manage your product library, operations include but not limited to adding, updating, and deleting products.
- Packages - this option lets you manage package offerings and payment configurations.
- Contacts - this feature lets you manage your contacts, operations include but not limited to adding, updating, and deleting contacts. These contacts are your clients and vendors that you added.
- Financials - this feature allows you to get an overview of the financial health of your business and manage invoices without going through individual projects.
- Resources - this feature lets you access the DesignFiles’ Help Center, Videos & Webinars, Expert Articles, and Guides.
2. Sub-menu Headers
These sub-headers vary based on the feature you accessed. It lets you recognize what feature or page you are working on. Here are the features and their corresponding headers:
- Projects - My Projects and Project Requests. By default, the My Projects tab is active when accessing the Projects feature. If you want to view project requests, you can click the Project Requests tab.
- Products - My Library
- Packages - Payments & Packages
- Contacts - CLIENTS | VENDORS tabs. By default, the CLIENTS tab is active when accessing the Contacts feature. If you want to manage your vendors, you can click the VENDORS tab.
- Financials - Financials Overview
- Resources - clicking this feature expands a sub-menu allowing you to choose from the following: the Help Center, Video & Webinar, and Expert Articles and Guides pages.
3. Notification Bell
The Notification Bell icon indicates active and unviewed notifications. It is worth noting that when a number of notifications come in, you may click this icon and review them. The notification alerts include the following:
- Project Review
- Invoice Review
- Quotes Review
- View Client Comments on Projects
- View Client Approvals/Disapprovals
- Invoice Payment Status Notifications
4. Account Menu (Me)
The Account Menu lets you access your DesignFiles Settings and other helpful tools/options. These are the following options you can access from the Account Menu:
- My Plan
- My Team - please note that this option is available to the Team Accounts subscription.
- Invite Clients
- Get Browser Clipper
- Refer Designers & Earn
5. The DesignFiles Support Chat Bubble
The Support Chat Bubble lets you contact us through chat or search help articles.